Out of town
So, I mentioned that Mari & I will not be in Bloomington for the holiday weekend. Instead, we're going to Iowa to visit his family.
We don't usually go out there this time of year, so this is an exception. Mari's last living grandparent has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Now, this isn't official, because the doctors aren't yet sure if that's what she has. (If it is, it's in its very early stages.) We're hoping it's not, but her memory has definately become noticeably worse in the last year or so. This is kind of a surprise for everyone, and Mari wants to visit again. I can't blame him: we have no idea what could happen in the near future.
Please pray for Sarah, and for the rest of the family. I'm sure we'll have fun this weekend, but I'm really hoping that we'll make some really good memories as well. I think her daughters will need them.
Thanks, everyone.
We don't usually go out there this time of year, so this is an exception. Mari's last living grandparent has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Now, this isn't official, because the doctors aren't yet sure if that's what she has. (If it is, it's in its very early stages.) We're hoping it's not, but her memory has definately become noticeably worse in the last year or so. This is kind of a surprise for everyone, and Mari wants to visit again. I can't blame him: we have no idea what could happen in the near future.
Please pray for Sarah, and for the rest of the family. I'm sure we'll have fun this weekend, but I'm really hoping that we'll make some really good memories as well. I think her daughters will need them.
Thanks, everyone.

