04 juillet 2006

Happy 4th of July!

Now, I know that it's a year ending in 6, so this has to be some sort of anniversary year, but I haven't heard anything about it. I guess most people just don't notice, and the media just promotes the biggies. But I just thought I'd mention that our country is 230 years old!! Hooray!!

I'm about to leave an go watch fireworks at the IU stadium. Should be fun. Meeting sis', Mari's dad, and a few friends there. We're taking pizza. :) Silly, but fun. We had a good time. Some of the most entertainment came from the Kettle Corn and watching children and their sparklers. I took the camera along, which has a "fireworks" setting on it. Works pretty well, but you kinda have to hold still to get good shots. Claudia and Mari did their best. (The pics you see here are two of those they took.) They even had fun with the video setting, which did pretty well. It actually takes more than 15 sec at a time!
Wah hoo! Good times. :)

Also, check out Pais Daily Photo and London Daily Photo for more 4th of July fun!

Go light some Sparklers!