Miller-Showers Park
Click on any picture to see a larger image.
To follow more closely to yesterday's (and Sunday's) topic, here are pictures of a "lake" here in Bloomington.
I did promise to show you pictures of this park in my post on Sunday. On this page are a few of the shots I liked best. If you want to see more, go look at the other webpage I created.
Claudia, Maurenis, and I went walking around the park one afternoon this past week...and I've been trying to figure out what pictures I liked best to display.
This picture is of the observation deck. The waterfall is also functional: the movement keeps the water from becoming stagnant and a breeding ground for lots of nasty insects!

This is much farther down the park. There are several different "ponds" on different elevations to help filter the water before it joins a local creek.
And it's full of waterlillies. (No, sorry, they weren't in bloom.)

I love this tree. It is planted close to the waterfall at the top of the park. Between the waterfall and the water gently reaching up the slope, it's a very peaceful spot.
This tree is supposedly native to Indiana, but I don't know what it is. Anyone?

A lot of people I know aren't particularly fond of this statue. I myself have never thought much about it while driving down Walnut. In fact, I wouldn't have even gone this far down the park if it hadn't been for a very cute little *natural* waterfall right beside where this monstrostiy has been built.
But after gettin close I thought it would be fun to take a few pictures of it. They all turned out rather well, I'd say, but you'll just have to see them for yourself. ;)
I'm not much of a photographer, but I do enjoy it. So be sure to tell me what you think of these photos, because I need feedback in order to improve what little technique I have!
To follow more closely to yesterday's (and Sunday's) topic, here are pictures of a "lake" here in Bloomington.I did promise to show you pictures of this park in my post on Sunday. On this page are a few of the shots I liked best. If you want to see more, go look at the other webpage I created.
Claudia, Maurenis, and I went walking around the park one afternoon this past week...and I've been trying to figure out what pictures I liked best to display.
This picture is of the observation deck. The waterfall is also functional: the movement keeps the water from becoming stagnant and a breeding ground for lots of nasty insects!

This is much farther down the park. There are several different "ponds" on different elevations to help filter the water before it joins a local creek.
And it's full of waterlillies. (No, sorry, they weren't in bloom.)

I love this tree. It is planted close to the waterfall at the top of the park. Between the waterfall and the water gently reaching up the slope, it's a very peaceful spot.
This tree is supposedly native to Indiana, but I don't know what it is. Anyone?

A lot of people I know aren't particularly fond of this statue. I myself have never thought much about it while driving down Walnut. In fact, I wouldn't have even gone this far down the park if it hadn't been for a very cute little *natural* waterfall right beside where this monstrostiy has been built.
But after gettin close I thought it would be fun to take a few pictures of it. They all turned out rather well, I'd say, but you'll just have to see them for yourself. ;)
I'm not much of a photographer, but I do enjoy it. So be sure to tell me what you think of these photos, because I need feedback in order to improve what little technique I have!

