16 juillet 2006

Sunday Rest

Ahhh...Sunday. VBS is over. Thursday and Friday went well, and since this was Tim & my first real go at something like this, I feel pretty good with the results. (And we've learned a lot, too!) The kids all had a blast, and so did the adults (we're just worn out from it more so than the kids!). It feels like I deserve a rest, but I know that this next week will be very busy with all the things I have to do to either catch up or follow up after this week.

But I'll worry about that more tomorrow. ^_^

Today, after church, the lady who leads the college/young adult SS class invited us all over for lunch. It was sooo nice to be able to talk to those my own age!! I of course love all the time I spend with the teens (I don't think I'll ever regret it), but often they need me more as a mother figure/leader than just someone to hang out with. But after spending every evening with them all week, it was great to be able to have adult conversations with people. The other girls (Audrey & Annette especially) who had worked VBS as well were just as chatty as I was! lol (So glad I'm not the only one!!)

I'm home now with Mari. We're going to relax a bit, watch a movie, have dinner...don't know if we'll really get anything accomplished, but that's ok with me!! :)

One last thing: I finally got to see Gwyn! She came over Saturday for lunch, and we chatted and visited for several hours. Good times...and I hope I get to see her again before she takes off for China again for the next year! :(