24/7: Initiate!
Sunday night was the kick-off for 24/7. That's a program for our youth group. I'd not heard of it before, but lots of groups do it (according to our pastor and Awana director). :) The kids had a blast, and there were familiar names and new faces to add to the group. It was mostly a night to give the kids a chance to get to know each other and Big T, the guy who will be leading the study on Wednesdays. (He's only recently become invoved with the teens, but he's great.)
Which leads to why I'm writing this now. Yesterday was our first official night of the program. The kids had a lot of fun, Big T had a great game for them to play (I think we may have succeeded in wearing them out a bit!), and they were very attentive to the lesson. In summary, right now I'm thrilled with some of the changes as well as the progress within our group.
But we're only beginning. Please pray for us adults who are in charge: there are still lots of decisions we have to make a we move forward, and we need to be sensitive to God's will and the kids' needs in order to be faithful as the stewareds of a great treasure.
Which leads to why I'm writing this now. Yesterday was our first official night of the program. The kids had a lot of fun, Big T had a great game for them to play (I think we may have succeeded in wearing them out a bit!), and they were very attentive to the lesson. In summary, right now I'm thrilled with some of the changes as well as the progress within our group.
But we're only beginning. Please pray for us adults who are in charge: there are still lots of decisions we have to make a we move forward, and we need to be sensitive to God's will and the kids' needs in order to be faithful as the stewareds of a great treasure.

