L'orange de l'orage
I love it when a big storm comes through and cools everything off after a long week or more of hot, humid, miserable summer weather. Last week (Thursday, I believe) that kinda happened. Kind of, because the rain went both north and south of Bloomington, but the front moving through still accomplished the same goal (though it was disappointing, because we do need more rain).
There is one benefit, however, to missing "getting drenched" on your list of things to do. It does afford for some interesting photography moments. As the front moves through, there is this facinating orange glow to everything: it's a bit eery, but I love it! I especially like the way that all the grass and trees look greener. I tried to capture this effect on my camera. It turned out ok, but not quite how I hoped.
I may try again when I next get a chance, but until then, you'll have to make due with these photos. Enjoy!
There is one benefit, however, to missing "getting drenched" on your list of things to do. It does afford for some interesting photography moments. As the front moves through, there is this facinating orange glow to everything: it's a bit eery, but I love it! I especially like the way that all the grass and trees look greener. I tried to capture this effect on my camera. It turned out ok, but not quite how I hoped.I may try again when I next get a chance, but until then, you'll have to make due with these photos. Enjoy!


Beautiful! we miss Indiana summer storms and the wonderfully strange colors in the sky. love you!