The calm before the storm...
Went to get my books today. No books!
But don't get too excited yet. The professor just hasn't "declared" any books. That, of course, doesn't mean that she won't surprise us on the first day of school with those dreaded words:
So, one of two things has probably happened.
#1: There really are books, but somehow the bookstore either never got the order or lost it.
#2: There are no real books, but instead there exists a very large (and more than likely not very well bound) coursebook at a photocopy place. Which one? Well, being a college town, there are several around here. So I would just find out at class. (And no, this doesn't necessarily save you money.)
I suppose that she may also just hand out all readings and such at different class meetings, but that seems a bit unlikely.
Hmmm...I wonder if we're now at the point in our education where even those who are taking a traditional course get online assignments and readings, too. If that's the case, I might be in trouble, because I don't know if I would get a print allotment at IU for taking only one course. If not, then printing out assignment after assignment would get very expensive very quickly...pray it's not that!! :-0
But don't get too excited yet. The professor just hasn't "declared" any books. That, of course, doesn't mean that she won't surprise us on the first day of school with those dreaded words:
"What, none of you have your books?!"
I had that happen once...complicated trying to keep up on the readings when only 1 in 5 students has a book for the first 2 weeks of classes. ;)So, one of two things has probably happened.
#1: There really are books, but somehow the bookstore either never got the order or lost it.
#2: There are no real books, but instead there exists a very large (and more than likely not very well bound) coursebook at a photocopy place. Which one? Well, being a college town, there are several around here. So I would just find out at class. (And no, this doesn't necessarily save you money.)
I suppose that she may also just hand out all readings and such at different class meetings, but that seems a bit unlikely.
Hmmm...I wonder if we're now at the point in our education where even those who are taking a traditional course get online assignments and readings, too. If that's the case, I might be in trouble, because I don't know if I would get a print allotment at IU for taking only one course. If not, then printing out assignment after assignment would get very expensive very quickly...pray it's not that!! :-0


I don't envy you at all... thanks for the support by the way!
I don't envy me, either. I'm terribly nervous about doing this level of work. Hope I'm not in over my head! >:(