17 septembre 2006

Homework Help

Sunday's have become one step closer to crazy. But in a good way. I've basically talked a few of my college friends who attend my church to help me start a "Homework Help" time for the teens. So far, so good. Our first session was last week. They also met tonight (I wasn't there: cousin's blackbelt test was at the same time, and I just had to go watch him kick butt...more on that later).

So far the kids who have attended have really enjoyed it. One has even seen an improvement in her grades already! :) I'm so thrilled. Mon Mari is even getting involved in his own way...you can only guess what that could be!! ^.^ It was his idea to bring the espresso machine to church while we were studying and make coffee-licious drinks for those who wanted them. He even had hot cocoa pouches for those non-coffee folks. (I have no idea where he got those from.) It was great. The kids loved it! And, of course, Mari got an espresso himself. Somehow, this was worth all of that effort. lol We won't be doing drinks every week, but it's fun and another "pull" for those who aren't sure whether they want to embarrass themselves infront of me with their school work! ;)

Ahhh, good times. ^_^

3 commentaires:

Blogger novice.knitter a dit...

I miss you too... did you see my response to you? I am working on beta.... I just am never where I don't have a computer time limit right now! Pray that I find a job soon, K? Love you!

21 septembre, 2006 14:14  
Blogger Staying In Touch w/ Family a dit...

Dearest Christine; do you know how blessed and lucky you are to have mari? love you both. mom

29 septembre, 2006 20:19  
Blogger petite américaine a dit...

I don't know if he'll allow me to forget...he just keeps doing little things to keep me laughing and smiling! :)

01 octobre, 2006 14:43  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Ã la une