15 novembre 2006

For everything there is a season...

And a purpose under Heaven.

Pray that God is in control tonight during our lesson. Big T and I have some hard things to say to the kids about something we know does not fit what they have been claiming to believe. Biblical accountability and discipline is not my favorite part of this job, but it is a necessary one. And it is time for one of those talks.

Like they say in the Education world: If we do not hold them to a high standard and expect excellence, who will? It must start with the teachers; the students will then begin to set attainable and high goals for themselves as they realize that they can achieve.

What better excellence is there than knowing that your life pleases God? I for one cannot think of any, and I want them to know that kind of satisfaction. It is beautiful and fulfilling.

2 commentaires:

Blogger Beth Anne a dit...

what happened? how did it go? i just saw the blog now.

16 novembre, 2006 09:44  
Blogger petite américaine a dit...

yeah, I posted late.

It went pretty well. One of the kids actually just up and apologized right then and there! But not everyone was present, and so there is going to be another talk on Sunday.

But I'm very encouraged by the brief conversation that followed our announcement on Wed. Hopefully this means that the kids know we are not doing this to get on their case but out of love for them and a desire to see their lives be pleasing to God. Keep both of us in your prayers, please!!

16 novembre, 2006 21:44  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Ã la une