Happy Thanksgiving!
I love Thanksgiving.
No, not the turkey. I'm one of the very few wierdos who isn't a fan of turkey. It's good, I like it, but I'll be going for the glazed ham, thanks. ^.^ I'll have leftover turkey sandwiches later - mmm, mayo and turkey w/ tomato!
I love getting together with family. Any reason, any excuse will do. Sometimes my family just heads over to someone's house and has a pitch-in dinner, which results is lots of laughs and a late night. But the holidays are an even better excuse! Besides actually planning a meal ahead of time, we spend more time together. Eat lunch, go for a walk, play cards/games, eat dinner, talk, watch a football game w/ my grandpa, etc. No, it doesn't sound thrilling, but it is a lot of fun.
And, of course, I always think about all of our family and friends who are far away. Some are off galavanting around the world, some are called to a higher form of giving of themselves. Some will return soon, others will be gone a bit longer.
So, to all of you out there:
And for those of you who have family nearby:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
No, not the turkey. I'm one of the very few wierdos who isn't a fan of turkey. It's good, I like it, but I'll be going for the glazed ham, thanks. ^.^ I'll have leftover turkey sandwiches later - mmm, mayo and turkey w/ tomato!
I love getting together with family. Any reason, any excuse will do. Sometimes my family just heads over to someone's house and has a pitch-in dinner, which results is lots of laughs and a late night. But the holidays are an even better excuse! Besides actually planning a meal ahead of time, we spend more time together. Eat lunch, go for a walk, play cards/games, eat dinner, talk, watch a football game w/ my grandpa, etc. No, it doesn't sound thrilling, but it is a lot of fun.
And, of course, I always think about all of our family and friends who are far away. Some are off galavanting around the world, some are called to a higher form of giving of themselves. Some will return soon, others will be gone a bit longer.
So, to all of you out there:
I love you, miss you, and am thankful for you and your love this Thanksgiving.
And for those of you who have family nearby:
Get off the computer, go make some pumpkin muffins, and go see your family!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


nice thoughts on Thanksgiving! :) a holiday that brings families together to reinforce family-ties and 'forces' us to stop and realize what we're thankful for.