Belief
I'm working on it. But I still can't believe what happened today. I'm in shock!
Besides having a ton (still do) of youth stuff to do, I'm helping my sister get ready for her IU classes. She's a transfer student, so it's funny and complicated. (And they wait for the last minute to do her orientation...sheesh.)
So I'm walking around on campus w/ her, showing her things. During one of her placement tests I check my e-mail (what else am I to do?) Discover that I have homework!! already for my class which meets for the first time next Tuesday! lol Welcome to the life of a grad student. (*sheesh* again)
While checking said e-mail I ran accross a mssg from Claire (such a good friend I have!!) There is a part-time French position open on the south side of Indy. Wow! Then later, walking around w/ my sister, my phone rings. It's one of the teachers I know. I'm totally thinking she's wanting me to sub for her next week. Not this time!! There's a part-time opening for an ESL teacher at an elementary school! Wow again!
Now, I'm sure you know which one I'd rather have, right? Just kidding. Even for me, I think this one would be a close call. The French job would be great b/c it would give me more experience as well as a possible in w/ a new school. But the ESL job might be something that would not only take care of my *possible* (not sure yet) "practicum" hours for certification. Plus, if I absolutely hated the job (not that I really expect that to happen), then I would know to stop goofing off w/ these classes & just go for my masters in French.
Wow!! I still can't believe it!! I've already sent off my resumés, don't worry. That was the first thing I did when I got home earlier. And let me tell you, it was a bit nervwracking! (Poor petite sœur, she really didn't get a lot of help from me tonight..I was a tad distracted!)
Prayer needed. Still need prayer for youth things. Need prayer for Mari's job...that's another very long tale of itself. Need prayer that whichever job God wants me to have will be obvious...and without problems. His time & timing is always perfect. It's often hard to belive this, and it was hard to have faith in it last summer when that "perfect" job went by. I just have to keep reminding myself that God will do what He needs when He needs it to accomplish His will. I'm just there to obey. And believe. Lord, help my unbelief.
Update: 1/8
I had an interview for the French position. I did not get it. Also, it was decided for the ESL job that another current teacher would "cover" those classes. On the flip side I did get an e-mail today about becoming certified to proctor exams for ESL students...and I'd get paid, too. God truely does bless in the little ways. I know He will always provide. Thanks for praying. Please continue to pray that I will be content in what He has for me now...and ready for when it is time to move!!
Learning to have faith in God's plan (and belief that it's what is best) in your life is a daily battle. Just when you think you've got it figured out, He reminds you you're to only seek His will, and follow where you see Him working. In a way I'm glad I'm not required to understand God's plan. He's definately more of a "big picture" guy than I am, anyway. And He knows I don't want His job! :)
Besides having a ton (still do) of youth stuff to do, I'm helping my sister get ready for her IU classes. She's a transfer student, so it's funny and complicated. (And they wait for the last minute to do her orientation...sheesh.)
So I'm walking around on campus w/ her, showing her things. During one of her placement tests I check my e-mail (what else am I to do?) Discover that I have homework!! already for my class which meets for the first time next Tuesday! lol Welcome to the life of a grad student. (*sheesh* again)
While checking said e-mail I ran accross a mssg from Claire (such a good friend I have!!) There is a part-time French position open on the south side of Indy. Wow! Then later, walking around w/ my sister, my phone rings. It's one of the teachers I know. I'm totally thinking she's wanting me to sub for her next week. Not this time!! There's a part-time opening for an ESL teacher at an elementary school! Wow again!
Now, I'm sure you know which one I'd rather have, right? Just kidding. Even for me, I think this one would be a close call. The French job would be great b/c it would give me more experience as well as a possible in w/ a new school. But the ESL job might be something that would not only take care of my *possible* (not sure yet) "practicum" hours for certification. Plus, if I absolutely hated the job (not that I really expect that to happen), then I would know to stop goofing off w/ these classes & just go for my masters in French.
Wow!! I still can't believe it!! I've already sent off my resumés, don't worry. That was the first thing I did when I got home earlier. And let me tell you, it was a bit nervwracking! (Poor petite sœur, she really didn't get a lot of help from me tonight..I was a tad distracted!)
Prayer needed. Still need prayer for youth things. Need prayer for Mari's job...that's another very long tale of itself. Need prayer that whichever job God wants me to have will be obvious...and without problems. His time & timing is always perfect. It's often hard to belive this, and it was hard to have faith in it last summer when that "perfect" job went by. I just have to keep reminding myself that God will do what He needs when He needs it to accomplish His will. I'm just there to obey. And believe. Lord, help my unbelief.
Update: 1/8
I had an interview for the French position. I did not get it. Also, it was decided for the ESL job that another current teacher would "cover" those classes. On the flip side I did get an e-mail today about becoming certified to proctor exams for ESL students...and I'd get paid, too. God truely does bless in the little ways. I know He will always provide. Thanks for praying. Please continue to pray that I will be content in what He has for me now...and ready for when it is time to move!!
Learning to have faith in God's plan (and belief that it's what is best) in your life is a daily battle. Just when you think you've got it figured out, He reminds you you're to only seek His will, and follow where you see Him working. In a way I'm glad I'm not required to understand God's plan. He's definately more of a "big picture" guy than I am, anyway. And He knows I don't want His job! :)


I agree about God's timing, but I would almost lean towards the ESL. If you can teach munchkins another language AND get your practicum credits at the same time while getting PAID for it... Why not!?!!
I will be praying. Keep us posted. Ha! "Posted"! I made a pun... whoa... I have been up too long already this morning!!
It's always nice when there are lots of opportunities all at once! Miss you!
I've heard from the ESL people. They're gonna have another teacher cover the position.
Had an interview for the French job yesterday. I'll keep ya posted!