Ça, c'est la vie.
Sometimes there's really no explanation for things. Honest!
For example:
I'm technically home today. The laundrey is again beckoning, the dishwasher needs to be ran; I thought the little things were supposed to make life special? It's rather becoming tedious! I guess I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for that maddening schedule I've mentioned...
Which remind me! Last Wednesday night was a good night at Youth. I had a small group (for us). Sadly, a few of my regulars weren't there. That was a bit disappointing, since the lesson was part 3 of 3! I wonder will they even want the rest of their notes?? (Teens. *sigh*) But those in attendance really enjoyed what we did: after finishing up the lesson on the Holy Spirit, we took one of those "Spiritual Gifts" surveys. The kids loved it. And then we taked (informally) about how different gifts work and how they can be used to work together with someone else's very different gifts. It's so important that the kids realize that God can use them too, if they are willing. Hopefully allowing them to see that they do have some God-given talents and skills will enable them to look for a way for them to be involved in God's work with God's people. We'll see how this can tie into other lessons. It's just a start!!
If you've never taken one of these "quizes", I would encourage it. It's very interesting to see what and how God is working in your life at the moment, and with what He is equiping you for a task. Of course, Spiritutal Gifts aren't set in stone, so even if you've taken one before, if it's been more than just a few years, I'd suggest taking one again. Mine changed significantly in the last 4 years!!
That's life. That's God. Forever working. Constantly changing. Always somehow unlooked for. But always, always good.
For example:
- Who knew that there had been a popular French Canadian TV show called "La Petite Vie" which ran in the late 80's - early 90's? I didn't! But that show has gotten me more of those random hits. I'm very amused...and will probably do some searching for this show myself!
- Anyone know anyone from the École Superieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles (Paris campus)? Apparently they have their own internet service, rather like a big university here. One hit came from there...and they googled my "name"!!! I have a fan! Thank you!!
- There's another Petite!! I'm so very disappointed that my little "name" isn't so creative or unique after all! Oh, well. There is one small differenence. She is "La Petite Américaine". I'm still trying to figure out where that leaves me... lol Her blog is very neat, though, so I thought I'd refer you to it (especially if you have an interest in French food, customs, and random every day life there). Enjoy! Et merci, Amy, pour votre visite ici. Je suis enchantée de faire votre connaissance.
I'm technically home today. The laundrey is again beckoning, the dishwasher needs to be ran; I thought the little things were supposed to make life special? It's rather becoming tedious! I guess I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for that maddening schedule I've mentioned...
Which remind me! Last Wednesday night was a good night at Youth. I had a small group (for us). Sadly, a few of my regulars weren't there. That was a bit disappointing, since the lesson was part 3 of 3! I wonder will they even want the rest of their notes?? (Teens. *sigh*) But those in attendance really enjoyed what we did: after finishing up the lesson on the Holy Spirit, we took one of those "Spiritual Gifts" surveys. The kids loved it. And then we taked (informally) about how different gifts work and how they can be used to work together with someone else's very different gifts. It's so important that the kids realize that God can use them too, if they are willing. Hopefully allowing them to see that they do have some God-given talents and skills will enable them to look for a way for them to be involved in God's work with God's people. We'll see how this can tie into other lessons. It's just a start!!
If you've never taken one of these "quizes", I would encourage it. It's very interesting to see what and how God is working in your life at the moment, and with what He is equiping you for a task. Of course, Spiritutal Gifts aren't set in stone, so even if you've taken one before, if it's been more than just a few years, I'd suggest taking one again. Mine changed significantly in the last 4 years!!
That's life. That's God. Forever working. Constantly changing. Always somehow unlooked for. But always, always good.


Is my 'petite fille' become popular world-wide! :) I always knew you were special! a campus in France checking out your site & googling you haha! & do you have another 'heart sister'? love you!