Advis d'un homme sage
I discovered a new blog today, grâce à Mari. The little of it I've read so far I'm really enjoying, so I had to share. The Title of the Blog??
Don To Earth: A Nonagenarian (90+) Ponders Life, the Universe, and Aging
I especially wanted to share something that seemed very wise. It also articulated some recent thoughts I'd been having, but of course he said them much better than I could have.
The post is entitled: Blogs: Servant, Master, Or Free Mouthpiece?
For the rest of his thoughts, and the finale to this one, you'll have to visit the site yourself.
Don To Earth: A Nonagenarian (90+) Ponders Life, the Universe, and Aging
I especially wanted to share something that seemed very wise. It also articulated some recent thoughts I'd been having, but of course he said them much better than I could have.
The post is entitled: Blogs: Servant, Master, Or Free Mouthpiece?
"Blogs are wonderful. Vanity is served at once. If you don't listen, it is your fault. Also, by the very nature of the medium, your audience sorts itself out. Readers don't pay anything, so they really can't complain. Anyone can join in, rebut, whatever -- surely this is democracy, whatever that is, at its most lively and pushy. In the realm of human communication, blogs seem to me to be the atomic units that transistors are in the world of digital devices that surround us."Very clever. And very intuitive, I thought. But, I suppose, he would have that edge over myself.
For the rest of his thoughts, and the finale to this one, you'll have to visit the site yourself.

