23 février 2007

Grenouilles et Enfants

Over the last two days the four 7th grade science classes meet in extented periods to allow for enough time to complete the dissection of afore mentioned frogs. Here's only a few examples of the fun. (One or two might be gross to weaker individuals.)
  • The slurping sound as air rushes into the plastic bag containing the frogs as I attempt to dump them into a bucket in order to bag them individually for the students.
  • One group of boys who weren't so sure about touching their frog and decided that the dissection sissors would be just the thing to help out. (I think they broke a rib or two.)
  • My new favorite question, "What's a sternum?" Or is it, "You do what with the intestine?!" when told they needed to remove and measure it.
  • A sudden titter runs through the room. You're afraid to ask what happened. Suddenly, one of the kids notice you're looking at their group. You ask...they answer: "Steven ate the guts!" Yes, one of the boys really did eat the small intestine. Really.
  • I watched one girl (not pictured) being silly pretending to eat her frog's small intestine (the fame of the previous boy was the scuttlebutt of the week) was accidentally smacked in the mouth as the S.I. swung in the air. It stuck in her teeth. Temporarily, but it was funny.
  • The excitement of the students as they gather to get the best few of the lung the teacher is purposely inflating too far. And then it burst.
C'mon. Admit it. You want my day job. ^.^

7 commentaires:

Blogger Staying In Touch w/ Family a dit...

"and then it burst!!!! """ oh how wonderfully funny!! I rolled!! would've loved to seen reaction to that! any 'spray'?! yes, working in the medical field has left me warped! & nope, don't want your day job..love mine. :)

thanks so much for sharing! & the laugh.

25 février, 2007 09:08  
Blogger petite américaine a dit...

Well, if you don't want it...anyone else? ;)

Y'know what's really funny? The best thing a kid said was by a girl who really enjoyed the lab...and I can't remember what it was she said! oh, well.

27 février, 2007 21:20  
Blogger Penjammin a dit...

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Oh my gosh! wow. If I wasn't in a library I'd be busting a gut.

28 février, 2007 17:47  
Blogger petite américaine a dit...

Awww, Ben, you disappoint me. I thought for sure you'd want to bust a lung, too! ;)

28 février, 2007 21:47  
Blogger Beth Anne a dit...

fantastic :) ah the good old days . . . playing with dead frogs.

12 mars, 2007 15:54  
Blogger petite américaine a dit...

I actually never disected a frog. We did earth worms & fetal pigs...no frogs. But this was (sadly) before they forbig fermaldahyde in schools. It literally stunk all the way down the (very long) hall and up the stairs to the hall by the cafeteria. :( nasty.

12 mars, 2007 16:57  
Blogger Penjammin a dit...

:) nice pic.

15 mars, 2007 15:54  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Ã la une