14 février 2007

Joyeuse Fête de la Saint-Valentin!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

First, I saw this photo online and I wanted to share it with you. It was taken here in Bloomington, sadly not by me. I saw it on the Herald-Times website; it was sent in by Paul Brown, who was at Gold Casters yesterday during that madding weather we were having. The caption states:

"Love is in the air AND on the parking lot! On Valentine's Day Eve, a car just happened to leave a romantic picture in the slush of Gold Casters parking lot. Can you say 'awwwww'?"


I know some people don't like Valentine's Day, but eveyone does have love in their life. It may not be the romantic kind, but isn't it nice to remember that there are individuals out there who love us unconditionally? Of course we should show love everyday, that's besides the point. This is a day to do something a little extra special, even if it's something small like cleaning the bathroom before you're asked (no, Mari, that's not a hint). Try to do something small to share love with those around you: help shovel someone's sidewalk, make a grocery run for a neighbor, visit someone who lives alone (or in a nursing home). If you're a Christian you personally know the truest form of love that exists. Take some time to celebrate that, and try to pass it on.

And, of course, don't forget to get some good chocolate!! ^.^ C'mon, who can resist a good excuse for chocolate?!? (Yes, Mari, that was a hint!)

6 commentaires:

Blogger Catherine a dit...

GREAT post!!!!!

You changed my mind about the icky commercial feeling I woke up with....that sick sort of "what to buy him" question. (yes, i know it's late in the game to be thinking of that NOW. Yesterday might have been more timely, but I ran out of time. So, now....I'm thinking abut what to DO instead. SHOW the love, not BUY the love!

14 février, 2007 13:36  
Blogger petite américaine a dit...

Awww, Catherine! Thanks so much! It's good to know I have a fan! ;)

14 février, 2007 13:42  
Blogger Beth Anne a dit...

i luuuuvvvv you, petite :) heehee. happy v day!

14 février, 2007 14:44  
Anonymous Anonyme a dit...

amante didn't get me ANYTHING. when he left for band practice a couple hours ago, i told him it isn't done being valentines day until midnite tonite, and he still had time to make it up to me... i got him something after all!!!

happy lovvve day girlies!

14 février, 2007 20:13  
Blogger Staying In Touch w/ Family a dit...

It's not the card, not the gift, not the flowers, not the chocolate... it's the "I love you" on V-day and kisses every morning when I wake, kisses all thru the day, and kisses every night when I'm tucked in bed at night. That's my valentine...& I love him. (God's blessed me!)

14 février, 2007 20:51  
Blogger petite américaine a dit...

yeah, I agree. Mari brought home a rose plant (potted, thank you - cut flowers sadly wilt and fade), which I love...so sweet of him! (Can't wait to plant it in the spring!) But I really enjoyed the time we spent making and having dinner much more! Plus we broke out some wonderful champagne - Mondoro Asti - to sip and keep the conversation going.

I'm blessed, too. ^.^

14 février, 2007 21:36  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Ã la une