Le malade
Mari is "sick" today. He had his "special" routine check-up this morning. It went very well; everything was found to be normal. Hurray! That means he doesn't have to do this again for another 5 years. He seemed pleased when he was told this at the office, but not sure it sunk in. I'm sure I'll have to remind him when he's more awake.
He was precious earlier. I went in to wake him and, besides telling me hello and mumbling that he had a good dream (which I never found out about), he was completely unwilling to wake up for another 20 minutes or so. Then he asks if he was a "good patient". I just had to laugh. I have such a good natured man for a husband that I couldn't imagine him ever being a bad patient! Of course, he won't remember any of that, so I'm just going to embarrass him a bit here. Perhaps that's mean of me, but I don't think so.
At the moment he's on the couch, very sleepy from the anesthesia and yet very noisy. ^. - (tee hee) I'm sure when he wakes up he'll be very hungry - he hasn't eaten anything other than lime jello & a few lime gummy worms yesterday. He's already asked for "treats", which the nurse didn't understand and looked at me kinda funny. I had to smile. So after I get some real food in him I'll probably make a run to Steak 'n' Shake for one of his favorite milkshakes.
I have a good life. I have a happy life.
He was precious earlier. I went in to wake him and, besides telling me hello and mumbling that he had a good dream (which I never found out about), he was completely unwilling to wake up for another 20 minutes or so. Then he asks if he was a "good patient". I just had to laugh. I have such a good natured man for a husband that I couldn't imagine him ever being a bad patient! Of course, he won't remember any of that, so I'm just going to embarrass him a bit here. Perhaps that's mean of me, but I don't think so.
At the moment he's on the couch, very sleepy from the anesthesia and yet very noisy. ^. - (tee hee) I'm sure when he wakes up he'll be very hungry - he hasn't eaten anything other than lime jello & a few lime gummy worms yesterday. He's already asked for "treats", which the nurse didn't understand and looked at me kinda funny. I had to smile. So after I get some real food in him I'll probably make a run to Steak 'n' Shake for one of his favorite milkshakes.
I have a good life. I have a happy life.


Praise God for GOOD NEWS!! :) sure enjoyed reading this blog.... how "precious" Mari is! :) love you!
awww . . . :)
glad for the good news!
Salut--
I'm sure you know of/read the very famous blog, Petite Anglaise, non? Parce que je suis un peu etonee that you've gone ahead and called yourself Petite Americaine... Believe me, I thought of doing it myself (being that I live in France--I stayed after a study-abroad! After a year, it's so strange to be back in Michigan...)
Anyway, I didn't do it, because it just seemed that one shouldn't. Derivative, at best...
Not sure why I'm bothering to write about this. I guess because, having studied intellectual property law, a red flag went up when I googled the term and saw your site.... Bon, just a heads-up to you. (I quite like your writing, good luck in the future.)
Yes, I have heard of the blog, but it was not drawn to my attention through any virture or fame it might have. I heard of it through a friend after, I might add, I had independently come up with my own pseudonym.
While I have every consideration for intellectual property, I'm not sure most things in blogs fall under that category. I have and will always be meticulous in giving credit where credit is due. However, I don't know if anyone could necessarily consider a name or title from a blog "intellectual property" unless it was somehow copyright protected. Photographs are obviously protected by intellectual property law, just as many of the well written posts with many fantastic and orginal ideas. I will not argue with that.
I have often been called "Petite" since I was a little girl by both my mother and my father. So, one could argue, I am the orginal. ^.^
Oh, and I've since discovered at least 2 other "petite americaine"s out there. One on Wordpress (which I have already mentioned) and one on myspace. So we're very common. Perhaps we need a club... :)
amen petite! i wonder how many little french babies are called petite by a parent or auntie from the time they are born!?! when you find a blog via google and then comment on how that blogger is stealing and how you didn't do it yourself because you didn't have the guts... wow. and to voice her annoyance in french so that we "americans" couldn't read it??!? wow, again. property law~phooey!
Eh.*shrug* I'm not mad or annoyed. More amused, I suppose. I'm sure no harm was meant and no offense was taken.
Oh, and I meant to add in my last comment -
Merci, mlle, for the complement. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my blog. Please come back soon; I love getting new visitors!! ^.^
hmmm . . . the wheels in my head are spinning . . . you've probably already heard the creaky things over there in the states . . .