Moi, l'étoile

"Do everything without grumbling and arguing, so that you may be blameless and pure, children of God who are faultless in a crooked and perverted generation, among whom you shine like stars in the world."Do I shine? Does my life reflect the passions of my heart? So often I find myself asking if I am making a difference in the world and in the lives around me. I know that I might not ever know the answer to that question, but that does not mean that I should stop working, stop trying to shine brightly. However, is my life different enough, good enough, that people will notice the reasons behind my good deeds? For if they do not see the reason why, then my actions are worthless, tiny efforts against a monumental work.
~Phillipians 2:14-15
I don't want a grand hurrah, a pat on the back, public recognition of time and effort. What I want is to know that my time has meaning. Eternal meaning and an eternal difference. I want to be known as a woman who shines for her Lord.
Do I shine?


you shine.