14 mars 2007

On est sorti

Who said married life was boring? Not I.

Yesterday Mari took me out. Yes, on a weeknight. It's break for B-town, after all, so our weeknight obligations are on hold. So we had to find something to entertain ourselves with.

We went to Noodles & Co on their first day open for their
"over-work-the-staff-and-kitchen Free Food Night". It was different. I wouldn't exactly call their Asian dishes authentic, but it was rather tasty, nonetheless. I'll be honest, my expectations for chains aren't that high, but this one surpassed them. All of their ingredients, including the greens in the salads, were very fresh & flavorful. Why don't more American restos do that??

I can't vouch for their cookies, though, because by the time we got through the line all of their monster cookies & rice crispy treats were gone. But does that stop Mari from getting his nightly sweets? No, no, no. He discovered he hadn't yet used his free desert coupon from Borders. We drove over, shared some yummy carrot cake & chamomile tea, and spent some time browsing through books.

Total cost for our evening out? $1.86
(That's only because we didn't have a coupon for the tea. ^_^)

6 commentaires:

Blogger SunnyHeirReborn3 a dit...

wow - that sure was a fantastic evening - at a dirt cheap price too!

enjoying reading yr blog -

SHR3

15 mars, 2007 02:06  
Blogger Beth Anne a dit...

i must confess: i'm a bit jealous :) glad you got to have a nice night out in btown. enjoy the rest of your break!

15 mars, 2007 07:24  
Blogger Penjammin a dit...

awesome!

15 mars, 2007 15:49  
Blogger Staying In Touch w/ Family a dit...

Who says you have to spend big big $$ for a wonderful night out! Scott says you still spent too much money!! hahaha love ya!
M & S

15 mars, 2007 18:08  
Blogger petite américaine a dit...

LOL!! Didn't think there'd be such fun from this post. Glad you all enjoyed it.

Sunny: Thanks for dropping by! Please feel free to comment any time.

Beth: I'm not sure I'd call it a "night on the town"! lol Not unless you consider waiting in line outside the restaurant for 20 minutes with rather strong gusts of wind your idea of a romantic evening. lol Thought I might be blown away for a minute there... ;)

S: you would say that. love ya anyway. ;)


Well, I guess I'll be sure to let you all know whenever we are cheapskates!

15 mars, 2007 21:34  
Blogger Ben Martin a dit...

I suppose this means it is time I made it over to Noodles & Company... And to think I missed free food! I do hate lines so, though.

19 mars, 2007 04:32  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Ã la une