Ça change
Why can't Indiana weather be predictable?
I do wish the weather would hurry up and make up its mind about what season we're in. On Monday we were continuing with the streak of freezing temperatures. In fact, I spotted several ground crews out & about. It's a very funny image, a man with a weed-whacker in 31º with a coat, winter gloves instead of work ones, and a winter hat with one of those fuzzy balls on the top. I would have stopped to take a picture if I'd had one with me. I guess I'm going to have to start making that a habit...
Yesterday was beautiful. And it felt beautiful after about 6 days of winter weather and frost killing all of the new growth. Approx 58º, wispy white clouds high in the atmosphere, and only a gentle breeze to be found. Gorgeous. However, in the afternoon, I noticed that the west horizon seemed a bit hazy. I hoped that I wouldn't be right, but I was. Today it is raining rather consistently, and it's back to chilly. Not winter cold, but low 50's or so (at least, that's what it feels like). Definitely not warm enough to enjoy what we would normally have this time of year - a spring "shower". I would love to have one of those. Or a good thunderstorm.
yeah, that would do it. ^.^
I do wish the weather would hurry up and make up its mind about what season we're in. On Monday we were continuing with the streak of freezing temperatures. In fact, I spotted several ground crews out & about. It's a very funny image, a man with a weed-whacker in 31º with a coat, winter gloves instead of work ones, and a winter hat with one of those fuzzy balls on the top. I would have stopped to take a picture if I'd had one with me. I guess I'm going to have to start making that a habit...
Yesterday was beautiful. And it felt beautiful after about 6 days of winter weather and frost killing all of the new growth. Approx 58º, wispy white clouds high in the atmosphere, and only a gentle breeze to be found. Gorgeous. However, in the afternoon, I noticed that the west horizon seemed a bit hazy. I hoped that I wouldn't be right, but I was. Today it is raining rather consistently, and it's back to chilly. Not winter cold, but low 50's or so (at least, that's what it feels like). Definitely not warm enough to enjoy what we would normally have this time of year - a spring "shower". I would love to have one of those. Or a good thunderstorm.
yeah, that would do it. ^.^


from New Albany, IN...
Preach it sister! Preach it!
six inches of wet sticky white stuff. that. is. all. i. am. going. to. say.
predicting snow here in Ohio for the weekend. ugh... what's predict for IN? ahhh to be back in Georgia again.... hehehe
Yes, I've heard this rumor of sticky white stuff. How RUDE!! I'm sorry, but that's just not allowed after the annual celebration of my day of birth. It'll have to be cancelled.
I must apologize for a misprint - on 4/11 it was not low 50's, but upper 40's. It was supposed to be around 55, instead, it was more like 49. Pathetic, isn't it?
Oh, well, at least I did get my thunderstorm...sadly, it just did not improve things. :(
Has anyone checked out my avatar at the bottom of the page? Hehe. ;)
HEY SWEETIE!!! Blogger is finally not blocked here! Again!! :)
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and plan on writing you a nice, good, long e-mail soon!!! Thank you so much for sending those pics! ;) Love you!!! Say hi to Mari for me!!