J'adore les livres
Well, thanks to a friend of mine, I now have an account on GoodReads.com. I like it. It's an interesting website that allows you to build online "bookshelves" (lists) of your favorite books, rate them, review them, and see your friends' collections. It navigates pretty well, although when searching for a book you must be careful to get the correct edition. For example, I went searching for LoTR: Fellowship, and was greated by many more choices than really was necessary. I mean, does it matter (really) if you choose the 198* printing or the 2003 movie edition of the book?? Yet, choose I must. Also, when categorizing books onto "bookshelves", you must edit them one at a time. I do wish there was a tick box on the left when looking at my list, but there's not. I may yet send them an e-mail concerning this opinion, but not at the moment.

I've been reading a novel called "Suite Française" recently. I've not yet finished it due to time contraints and higher priorities, but so far I'm enjoying it. The author was a Russian Jew immigrant who lived in France before and during WWII. She died in a concentration camp in 1942, but completed this book about the war and occupation before being taken. It was only recently discovered and published. I found it in the store and had to have it. It's on my list, and I'll update the review of it when I'm finished.
Anyway, I've tried to put a variety of what I've read on there, but this is no where near the complete list. If I were to do that I would spend the rest of this week and possibly most of next searching! I just can't do that, I have a paper to write... which I again avoided today. :( Well, I'll at least get it started tonight. Mari is again working late, so I'll have plenty of time and little to distract me, I hope!

I've been reading a novel called "Suite Française" recently. I've not yet finished it due to time contraints and higher priorities, but so far I'm enjoying it. The author was a Russian Jew immigrant who lived in France before and during WWII. She died in a concentration camp in 1942, but completed this book about the war and occupation before being taken. It was only recently discovered and published. I found it in the store and had to have it. It's on my list, and I'll update the review of it when I'm finished.
Anyway, I've tried to put a variety of what I've read on there, but this is no where near the complete list. If I were to do that I would spend the rest of this week and possibly most of next searching! I just can't do that, I have a paper to write... which I again avoided today. :( Well, I'll at least get it started tonight. Mari is again working late, so I'll have plenty of time and little to distract me, I hope!

