C'est fou
Waiting in line for 30 minutes for soul food is not fun. Mari & I, along with our next door neighbors, went to the Soul Food Festival at the park today. There's music, dancing, food, and lots of people with booths of information or things for sale. Last year we went and had a lot of fun.
This year, I learned that when a lady with an order pad tells you that your fried green tomatoes will be ready in 15 minutes, you laugh at her and change your order or cancel it and go somewhere else. Those 15 minutes turned into 30, with still no fried green tomatoes in sight. And I wasn't the only one waiting. I passed the time talking to a very funny woman who told me lots about her son and niece. Now, I'm a patient person, but honestly, this got ridiculous. I finally went back to the lady with the order pad and asked for a refund. When she began to ask one of her co-workers about the tomatoes (as if I hadn't tried that already), I interrupted her explaining that my hypoglycemia was beginning to act up and I couldn't wait any longr. I knew another place with better service and much better food. Oh, yeah. If you're ever in Bedford, go visit Chuck's Soul Food. It's goooood.
I'm telling you, sometimes you can try and try and still not get your tomatoes...no matter how badly you want them.
This year, I learned that when a lady with an order pad tells you that your fried green tomatoes will be ready in 15 minutes, you laugh at her and change your order or cancel it and go somewhere else. Those 15 minutes turned into 30, with still no fried green tomatoes in sight. And I wasn't the only one waiting. I passed the time talking to a very funny woman who told me lots about her son and niece. Now, I'm a patient person, but honestly, this got ridiculous. I finally went back to the lady with the order pad and asked for a refund. When she began to ask one of her co-workers about the tomatoes (as if I hadn't tried that already), I interrupted her explaining that my hypoglycemia was beginning to act up and I couldn't wait any longr. I knew another place with better service and much better food. Oh, yeah. If you're ever in Bedford, go visit Chuck's Soul Food. It's goooood.
I'm telling you, sometimes you can try and try and still not get your tomatoes...no matter how badly you want them.


they must have been growig those green tomatoes!